Interested students are encouraged to participate in the Australasian Problem Solving Mathematical Olympiads.
This competition allows all students in years 5 and 6 to improve their problem solving strategies through a series of 5 Olympiads over the course of the year. Each Olympiad consists of five separate questions each designed to challenge students' mathematical reasoning skills.
The main aims of the competition are:
* To introduce students to important mathematical concepts
* To teach major strategies and develop flexibility for problem solving
* To foster creativity and ingenuity and strengthen intuition
* To stimulate enthusiasm and enjoyment of mathematics
* To provide the satisfaction, joy and thrill of meeting challenges
Each student competes as part of the school team as well as an individual.